- California Rice As the world’s most widely consumed grain, rice sustains about half of our population. It impacts some facet of our lives every day. California Rice plays a vital role in this cycle.
- Diversity California Rice supports our state’s rich and diverse history. Many cultures embrace the moist, sticky characteristics of California Rice, including those in Asia, the Mediterranean and portions of the Middle East.
- Cuisine California Rice is used in virtually every roll of sushi made in America. Our rice is the foundation of risotto, paella, rice bowls and many more dishes.
- Economy California Rice provides nearly 25,000 jobs and $1.8 billion to the state’s economy each year. Our industry helps sustain small communities throughout the Sacramento Valley and is the top export from the Port of West Sacramento.
- Environment California Ricelands are home to nearly 230 wildlife species. Critical link to the Pacific Flyway, our rice fields provide more than half of the food for millions of migrating ducks and geese each winter.
Check us out on YouTube Get a firsthand look at all things California Rice through hundreds of videos.
What's New New Blog- WSJ gets it wrong- not unusual or excessive
Rice Commission President & CEO Tim Johnson details how the Farm Bill is written to help the state's rice growers stay on the farm.Read the Blog
- New Blog- Unusual spring weather provides a challenge Grower Punch Haskell in Glenn County describes some of the positives and challenges of the current rice growing season. Read his blog
- New photo album- Our Valley Brian Baer captures beautiful images of Sacramento Valley rice country. View the photos
- Rice Herbicide Brochure Growers can learn the latest information about stewardship practices for protecting water quality. Download Brochure
- Information on arsenic Find out more about this naturally occurring element found in many foods. Read more