- California Rice As the world’s most widely consumed grain, rice sustains about half of our population. It impacts some facet of our lives every day. California Rice plays a vital role in this cycle.
- Diversity California Rice supports our state’s rich and diverse history. Many cultures embrace the moist, sticky characteristics of California Rice, including those in Asia, the Mediterranean and portions of the Middle East.
- Cuisine California Rice is used in virtually every roll of sushi made in America. Our rice is the foundation of risotto, paella, rice bowls and many more dishes.
- Economy California Rice provides nearly 25,000 jobs and $1.8 billion to the state’s economy each year. Our industry helps sustain small communities throughout the Sacramento Valley and is the top export from the Port of West Sacramento.
- Environment California Ricelands are home to nearly 230 wildlife species. Critical link to the Pacific Flyway, our rice fields provide more than half of the food for millions of migrating ducks and geese each winter.
Check us out on YouTube Get a firsthand look at all things California Rice through hundreds of videos.
What's New New photos- Assembly Major Leader wins sushi competition
Assembly Member Toni Atkins emerged victorious during the spirited Capitol Roller Competition in Sacramento.View photos
- New Blog- WSJ gets it wrong- not unusual or excessive Rice Commission President & CEO Tim Johnson details how the Farm Bill is written to help the state's rice growers stay on the farm. Read the Blog
- New Blog- Rice exports to South Korea continue to shine Chris Crutchfield provides an update on one of the top overseas destinations for California Rice. Read the blog
- Rice Herbicide Brochure Growers can learn the latest information about stewardship practices for protecting water quality. Download Brochure
- Information on arsenic Find out more about this naturally occurring element found in many foods. Read more