Stretch your budget by using remaining steamed rice.
Because cooked California rice keeps so well, it can serve as an economical inspiration for quick meals any time of day. Mmm! Just imagine the possibilities... hot cereals, fried rice, wraps, rice puddings, soups, stuffed vegetables, salads and more. In fact, using cooked California rice can save you so much time and money - and satisfy your customers, too!
Stir-in ideas for transforming cooked California rice into a mouthwatering main-dish accompaniment:
- Toasted sesame seeds, sesame oil and thinly sliced green onions
- Chanterelles, dried apricots and toasted almonds
- Garlic sautéed in butter, peas and Parmesan cheese
- Sautéed mushrooms, snow peas and sliced water chestnuts
- Marinated artichoke hearts and grated Parmesan cheese