- California Rice As the world’s most widely consumed grain, rice sustains about half of our population. It impacts some facet of our lives every day. California Rice plays a vital role in this cycle.
- Diversity California Rice supports our state’s rich and diverse history. Many cultures embrace the moist, sticky characteristics of California Rice, including those in Asia, the Mediterranean and portions of the Middle East.
- Cuisine California Rice is used in virtually every roll of sushi made in America. Our rice is the foundation of risotto, paella, rice bowls and many more dishes.
- Economy California Rice provides nearly 25,000 jobs and $1.8 billion to the state’s economy each year. Our industry helps sustain small communities throughout the Sacramento Valley and is the top export from the Port of West Sacramento.
- Environment California Ricelands are home to nearly 230 wildlife species. Critical link to the Pacific Flyway, our rice fields provide more than half of the food for millions of migrating ducks and geese each winter.
Check us out on YouTube Get a firsthand look at all things California Rice through hundreds of videos.
What's New New Photo Album- Christmas Cheer in Biggs
Nearly two dozen photos of the annual tree lighting ceremony in this Butte County community in the heart of rice country. Photos by Brian Baer.View the album
Twitter@RiceNews Tweets by @RiceNews
- New CRC Blog- Klinker Bricks and Old Ghosts The CRC's Julie Cader visited a winery with an interesting story and an innovative use of California rice. Read her blog
- New CRC Blog- Sharing our abundance Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services will receive much needed help, thanks to generous support in recognition of Sunday's marathon run by Communications Manager Jim Morris. View his comments
- New Blog- Drought Impact Grower Mike Daddow talks about how the dry offseason is affecting farmers and the Pacific Flyway. Watch his comments
- Information on arsenic Find out more about this naturally occurring element found in many foods. Read more